Most of the students are going to smile at first instance after reading the article topic. College life of every student is like life of a free bird in which you are out of your homes no teachers on your head no restrictions. College life is to explore new fields and then asking for saving money in college life, keeping money for future when you don’t have money to survive today and you have numerous fields to explore how student can think about saving money in college.
College life is exciting and challenging for almost all the students. In some cases students have to move away from their parents their homes and have to manage their living along with their studies on their own. The only thing with which parents helps you during your college life are some bugs that’s it. Rest all you have to do on your own from getting up early in the morning to arranging food and all other tasks.
It’s true a student has to face numerous expenses from books to entertainment. Whatever they are having sometimes they fall short to meet all their expenses. Some students do part time jobs to earn extra money apart from the money there parents give to fulfill their requirements. So saving money during your college life is very difficult for every student.
Saving money in itself is of great importance in a person’s life and saving money in college life when you have limited money is really tough. Some students say it’s impossible to save money during college life but as a famous quote “nothing is impossible” in similar way saving money during your college life is also possible.
Being a student when you have limited sources of money it is not necessary that you have to save a fixed amount you can save in small ratios. When in some months you don’t have much expense you can save more and when you have many expenses save a little amount. Most important is to save every month whether it’s a limited amount or a huge amount.
Money is very importance in everyone’s life whether he is a child, student, business man. Whatever role he is playing in his life?
Why to Save Money in College Life?
• Future is unpredictable, problems are part of everyone’s life and life of students is filled of problems it could be related to anything your studies, personnel life anything. So a student should save money for an emergency it could be from buying a book before exam to any miss happening.
• Being a student sometimes you want similar mobile phones, laptops, dresses that your friends are having and your parents can’t afford all those expensive things at that time your saving can help you. So it is better to save a portion of money every time your parents give you money or the money you earn during your part time job. So that you can have all what you want.
• When you are in college you are interested in various extracurricular activities and various other courses related to your studies which you just have to give a try and you hesitate to ask money from your parents. So in spite of leaving your dreams it’s better to save money and pay the fees or fill the application forms of various courses you want to do.
• Being a student you sometimes need last minutes tuitions to prepare for your exams and you know that your parents will scold you if you ask them for last minute tuitions. If you have your saved money you can go for any last minute preparations.
• It’s not that you need money only for college life you even need money after college life. The time gap when you are over with your studies and the time you gets a job. In this recession oriented economies where getting job is really difficult. It’s really humiliating to ask money from your parents when you are over with your studies. To save yourself from this situation it’s good to save during your college life and spend when you don’t have job.
• Not so important point but still being a student you should consider this it’s better to save than to borrow from your friends.
While you are in college, it can appear to you a real challenge to save and mange money. The task becomes more difficult when you have limited money with you. But with the above guidelines you can easily embark upon the path of financial responsibilty and that too without getting loaded with bulk of rules and other limitataions.
How to Save Money in College Life?
• Many students face problems because they don’t manage their funds. So most important of all is to make a budget. To begin with figure out total money you have each month. Then figure out all your expenses, books, food, entertainment and many others. Once you have figured out all your income and expense you can easily maintain a balance between them.
• Most of the part of money that a student gets from their parents or earns during a part time is spent on books. As books are very expensive and you need number of books for each subject. So it is better to use used books rather than purchasing new books every time. If you need a book just for specific topic in a book you can use your college library books to study that chapter or topic and then return that book.
• Food is one of the top most priorities in a college student’s life. Student actually waste lots of money in college life while eating in expensive restaurants. If your foods expenses are going very high then you need to check them by eating food in your college campus only as many campuses provide food at subsidized rates. Collect coupons and go for the weekly sales at the grocery store to buy your needs at discounted price.
• Use students discount cards no matter wherever you’re going. It can be bookstores,restaurants, movie theaters, clothing shops or any other stores now a day’s these stores give discounts to students. They benefitted as they hope you will inform your friends for their stores; you benefit as you get to have a discount.
• Student life is full of mistakes and sometimes you make mistakes and you have to pay in terms of money. You forgot to pay your fees on time and then you have to pay late fees charges and normally these charges are very high so always attempt to avoid these charges by making timely payments of your dues.
• Cars can sometimes be more expensive for a student to afford in college life because it’s not just buying the car it’s also includes maintenance of that car. Try to use public transport to travel in spite of using your own car or bike.
• Most of the students use credit cards to purchase things very often they are useless things. Don’t use credit cards to buy anything because with the required amount you may have to pay interest also. These interest rates are nothing but extra burden. Best way to save you from this extra payment is avoid using credit cards till the time it’s not an emergency.
• Entertainment is a part of a student’s daily life. Going for movies, parties, treats, hanging out at various places they not only waste your time they involve lot of money also. A major part of every student’s money is spent on entertainment. So try to avoid these parties till the time you can it will really help you to save a good amount of money.
After going through these ways of saving money in college life you may start saving money. But these are not the only ways to save money there are many other ways to save money. And saving is important in all phases of man’s life. So try to save more and more so that you don’t face any problem in your future.